The Transformation Division will showcase athletes who have made a physical
transformation resulting in fat loss/muscle gain. It will be comprised of two parts:
- Before/After Photos
- Stage Comparisons
You will take your “Before” photos at the start of your program or a minimum of 12 weeks before the show date. The “Before” photo must indicate the date it was taken.
Please submit them twice: through email at firstname.lastname@example.org and during the registration window, per the show’s deadline.
Email Subject: Transformation_showtitle_FamilyName
Your “After” Photos will be taken AT CHECK-IN the day before the show. On “Before” photos, you must include a newspaper with a readable headline and date to authenticate the date of the photo. The Date on that photo must be 12 weeks minimum before the show date. Front and Back relaxed poses are required for the “before” photos submission at the time of registration.
Judging will be based on the most dramatic change. Gym trunks/board shorts for men, and sports bra/gym shorts for women. The “Before” photos must include your thighs at a minimum, but ensure that we can see your whole body. Minimal distractions in the backdrop and plenty of lighting. The photo will be a digital submission, so polaroid or photo negatives will not be accepted.
You will be asked to submit your starting weight, but please note this will only partially be used in judging. It’s recommended to keep track of your measurements, (abdomen circumference, BF, etc.), but they will not be part of the judging criteria. You will be able to include the measurements in your end Bio. Your weight will be checked at check-ins the day before the show.
- Before and After Photos
- Stage Comparisons and Stage Presence
We will be judging based on how dramatic the transformation was, the symmetry of your physique, and the change in your muscularity.
Transformation: How much visible weight loss/muscle gain was achieved compared to YOUR starting point (Before Pictures). We’re looking for dramatic transformations during the Transformation Period.
Symmetry: How balanced was your transformation from Upper Body/Lower Body, your Front Side from your Back Side, and from your Right Side to your Left.
Muscularity: We are looking for muscular development and not just weight loss. During the Transformation Period, we are looking at the development of your muscle bellies.
- Men: Gym Shorts/Trunks that sit above the knee, no shorter than mid-thigh high.
- *Bodybuilding trunks or Classic Bodybuilding trunks are not acceptable
- Women: Sports Bra and Gym shorts. The abdomen must be exposed.
- *High-waisted shorts or bikinis are not acceptable.
Each Competitor will execute the T-Walk. The competitor will be judged on Presentation and Poise. You will enter the stage from the right side and hit 2 poses, move to the center stage, hit 2 poses, and then move to the left side of the stage and hit 2 poses before being directed to your placement per the Stage Expeditor’s instructions.
The poses are as follows:
- Front Pose: Body is standing tall, legs shoulder-width apart or wider, the head is held high, arms are either hanging by your side, one hand on hip, or both hands on hips, and smiling.
- Back Pose: Body is standing tall, legs shoulder-width apart or wider, the head is held high, arms are hanging by your side, your back is relaxed but firm.
- Left/Ride Side Pose: Body is standing tall, the leg facing away from the judges is kicked back while the leg closest to the judges is holding your weight, your torso is twisted at the waist to face the judges, and arm closes to judge can be flexed towards the back or above your head to expose torso, and ensure your head is facing the judges and smiling.
Transformation athletes will be asked to hit the front and back poses for comparisons and will be asked to switch places with other athletes on stage by the Head Judge during comparisons.
Transformations will perform the T-Walk once again in the same manner stated above. Once all athletes have completed their T-Walk, you will be asked to exit the stage and the top 5 will be randomly called back on stage to award the top 5 winners.
You must be at least 16 years of age at the time you enter the contest. Under 18 athletes will require parental consent. Anyone who has EVER competed as a Professional Bodybuilder is not eligible.